Sunday, November 14, 2010

Classic series of the week - Tripods

The White Mountains


A couple of years ago, I was thinking of this book and I searched high and low trying to figure out what the name and author were.  Apparently, though, you only have to ask around a little to find out what the book with the evil tripods capping the kids in the community in order to control them, and the kids who ran away from it, and someone will come up with the title.  I have very strong memories of these books, and still recall the moment when I realized that the destroyed old city that they were wandering around at one point in the book was Paris.  It was amazing to me at the time.  I found them and Colin read the first of the series, The White Mountains, and really enjoyed it, although I haven't been able to get him to read the next two -- although I must admit, I don't really remember much of the next two either.  It's this first book that is really notewothy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment