Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A Discovery of Witches

A Discovery of Witches
I loved this book.  Yes, I am probably sappy.  Yes, the middle of the book is a supernatural romance.  Yes, a lot of people have called it the adult twilight, and I have refused to read twilight.   I don't read books about vampires, although I do read books about witches (see also, The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane).  But I couldn't put this book down.  Today as I finished it I read it in line at Starbucks, I read it walking to my office from my car and in the ten minutes between classes.  It has been a long time since a book has grabbed my like this.  Typically I am reading more than one at a time, but for the last three days, this was the only thing I was interested in.  No TV, no video games, just what was happening with my witch and my vampire.  And now I have to wait a year for the sequel!  (Although my guess is that that the sequel, the second in the trilogy, will probably be the weakest of the series.)  If you like witches, or vampires, or urban fantasy, take a look at this.  I thought it was a delight.

No comments:

Post a Comment