Saturday, June 25, 2011

Beyond the Deepwoods, The Edge Chronicles....by Colin

Beyond the Deepwoods (Edge Chronicles, Book 1)

I read Beyond the Deepwoods this week, and it was great!  It’s authors are Paul Stewart and Chris Riddell. It is the first book in the Edge series and the main character is named Twig.  It is about his quest to find who he really is. Will he make it? Or will he fall prey to the vicious Gloamglozer? One of the things I liked about this book is the fact that you never knew what would happen next. I never knew if it was danger or good fortune that awaited him. Also, I liked the fact that the authors added pictures because it helped me picture the story better. I was able to clearly see what was happening in my head. Finally, I liked the fact that the book had many odd named creatures. For example there are Banderbears, Caterbirds, even Prowlgrins. You never know what the next creature will be called. I think this book is a wonderful book.

No comments:

Post a Comment